Scrum is the best known and most frequently used Agile approach. Simple rules let you see what's really happening, get fast feedback and adapt your approach. Thanks to that Scrum allows for effective development of complex product and getting most of your product with every short increment. Despite its origin in IT, Scrum is widely used in other areas, including Sales, Marketing and even Education.
Scrum changes the way teams work and product are being developed. Despite its simplicity it is very difficult to implement and master. It’s hard to understand new approach and gain new perspective from books and articles, therefore we regularly organize courses allowing for better understanding of Scrum roles and principles.
Certified ScrumMaster is Two-day, advanced training that prepares participants for the role of Agile Coach and team’s mentor. Through lecture, discussions and interactive exercises they learn what is Agile Culture and how to efficiently apply Scrum Principles and Agile Practices to lead and empower Agile team. Numerous examples from organizations of different size explain how to address potential challenges. Experienced Certified Scrum Trainer helps in gaining practice in explaining Scrum to organization, presenting different perspective and guiding team through change that would continuously improve product and their way of working.
Certified Scrum Trainer is expected to achieve Learning Objectives defined by Scrum Alliance. However, the way of doing it is left to her or his decision. Therefore everyone led training according to own materials and adapting training content to better meet participants’ needs. On every CSM course all elements of Scrum and ScrumMaster role are covered, including:
- What is Scrum
- Agile and Scrum Values
- Scrum versus traditional approach to Software Development
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities with focus on ScrumMaster role
- Scrum events, including Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Sprint Artefacts, including Product and Sprint Backlogs.
- Definition of Done and Product Increment
- Working with requirements
- Agile Planning and tracking
- Agile Coaching
Detailed agenda can be found in description of every public course.
The course goal is to prepare participants for becoming ScrumMaster for their team. After completing the training they will be able to:
- Help the team members by:
- Making sure they've all skills and tools necessary to perform their work
- Supporting them in self-organization and development
- Protecting them from external and internal impediments
- Suggesting tools and methods that would improve their productivity
- Facilitating the meetings, discussion and conflict
- Showing common Agile practices
- Explaining how to benefit from Scrum elements
- Showing how to plan and monitor progress in Sprint
- Asking the right questions, so that they can continuously improve their way of working.
- Support Product Owner by:
- Identifying real Product Owner
- Explaining his or her role
- Showing the methods of working with customers, stakeholders and team
- Explaining how she or he can benefit from iterative approach
- Helping in focusing on most important work to maximize ROI of developed product
- Making sure their Product Backlog is always in good shape
- Clarifying how to collect and refine expectations, plan and track releases
- Work with organization by:
- Showing the benefits of Agile approach
- Ensuring the transparency of product and process
- Explaining Scrum, Agile values and its consequences for the whole organization
- Initiating and supporting changes
- Improve the whole system by focusing on customer value.
Certified ScrumMaster training is intended for people interested in broadening their knowledge about Scrum, especially ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Development Team members and organizational leaders and managers.
Basic knowledge about Agile and software product development is recommended. This can be obtained from reviewing materials listed at Scrum Alliance web page, reading our articles or from hand-on experience from Scrum Team.
2 days (16h)
This course is always led by the Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), accredited by Scrum Alliance.
The course is accredited by Scrum Alliance. Upon completion attendees are eligible to take the Certified ScrumMaster exam, the successful completion of which results in the designation of Certified ScrumMaster title and two years membership in Scrum Alliance. The cost of the exam and membership are included in the course price.
Course can be provided in English or Polish
On-line exam is in English
Agile and Lean Training
If you're interested in scheduling private course for your company please inquire.