Scrum is the best known Agile methodology, allowing for effective IT project management. It let you see what's really happening in your project, deliver value to your product incrementally and get feedback faster.
Scrum changes the way of managing IT projects. Moving away from the traditional, formal management, it emphasizes self organization of the team. Therefore, Scrum Team no longer needs typical project manager, and his place is filled with two new roles - Scrum Master and Product Owner.
Next public Certified Scrum Product Owner course will be held :
- 06 - 07.11.2017 Warsaw (course in Polish)
Two-day advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training introduces participant into the role of business representative - Product Owner. Through interactive exercises, lecture and discussions attenders learn Scrum principles and how Product Owner cooperate with customers and stakeholders and leads team to achieve the vision and maximize the Return of Investment (ROI) of developed product. During the course Certified Scrum Trainer walk with participants across complete process of product definition: from creation of Product Vision, via definition of Business Drivers and identification of users to creation of Product Backlog using User Stories and drafting Release Plan in the form of User Story Map. Numerous examples from different organization and product help better understand discussed topics and apply learned techniques in day-to-day work.
Certified Scrum Trainer is expected to achieve Learning Objectives defined by Scrum Alliance. However the way of doing it is left to her or his decision. Therefore everyone led training according to own materials, adapting training content to better meet participants’ needs. On every CSPO course basic elements of Scrum, Product Owner role and Agile Product Discovery are covered:
- Sprint Artefacts, including Product and Sprint Backlogs
- Definition of Done and Product Increment
- Working with requirements
- Agile Planning and tracking
- Agile Coaching
- What is Scrum
- Agile and Scrum Values
- Scrum versus traditional approach to Software Development
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities with focus on Product Owner role
- Scrum events, including Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Product Vision and Business Drivers
- Customers and Users
- Creating and Managing Product Backlog:
- Backlog Refinement
- Prioritization Techniques
- User Stories as Product Backlog Element Example
- Definition of Done
- Agile Estimating and Planning:
- Estimating in Agile
- Multi-level planning and creating Release Plan
Detailed agenda can be found in description of every public course.
The course goal is to get skills necessary to use Scrum and Agile practices to efficiently develop product. After completing the course they will be able to:
- Identify and clearly communicate Product Vision
- Prioritize work of development team to maximize Return of Investment of developed product
- Understand users’ needs and validate quickly proposed solutions
- Utilize Agile methods of requirements identification and management
- Efficiently manage Product Backlog
- Plan and track releases
- Explain Product Owner role
- Effectively cooperate with customer, stakeholders, development team and ScrumMaster
Certified Scrum Product Owner training is intended for individuals wishing to better understand process and practices of product discover, especially Product Owners, Product Managers, ScrumMasters and anyone involved in cooperation with customers and users or in gathering, analysis and validation of requirements and expectations.
Basic knowledge about Agile and software product development is recommended. This can be obtained from reviewing materials listed at Scrum Alliance web page, reading our articles or from hand-on experience from Scrum Team.
2 days (16h)
This course is always led by the Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), accredited by Scrum Alliance.
Course is accredited by Scrum Alliance. Upon completion of the course, attendees receive "Certified Scrum Product Owner" title and two years membership in Scrum Alliance. Cost of certification and membership are included in the course price.
Agile and Lean Training
If you're interested in scheduling private course for your company please inquire.