Scrum is a proven and commonly used method for enabling organizational agility. It supports the acquisition of those skills that allow proper and quick adaptation to changing expectations, achieving the right results within the given time limits, and consequently building a high competitive advantage. Interestingly, Scrum, although it was created with the thought of software development, is successfully used outside IT, in industries such as sales, marketing, education, administration and so on.
The Scrum Essentials training will introduce you to the realities of Scrum. During the training you will learn the Scrum process, its elements, roles and interactions between them. You will see whether Scrum is what you are looking for and where it would be best to use it. Because Scrum Essentials training does not include engineering practices, it is also recommended for non-technical people.
It is worth knowing that Scrum is an empirical process that we get to know by practicing it and not just talking about it. That is why Scrum Essentials training is conducted in the form of intensive workshops. Through a series of exercises, we answer:
- What is Scrum and where should it be used?
- What elements are necessary to start working in Scrum?
- How the work process looks like in Scrum and what elements and roles it consists of?
- What are the most common challenges in the first stages of Scrum implementation?
- What are the biggest differences between Scrum and the processes you used so far?
The training is the basis for trainings certified by the Scrum Alliance and covers the recommended training goals.
The training is dedicated to people who want to understand the mechanisms of agile product development, and want to know the Scrum method enough to be able to start working in it.
The training is directed to teams and individuals who:
- are looking for methods for building right Products faster
- are looking for improvements in the way they work
- want to start their adventure with Scrum, or level their knowledge level
- perform creative work that requires a step-by-step approach and frequent feedback from the user
- create innovative products
We kindly invite:
- Team members - especially newly created ones,
- Scrum Masters, Product Owners and people preparing to perform these roles,
- Leaders of teams and organizations,
- Representatives of Human Resources and Administration departments,
- Clients and non-technical people cooperating with Scrum teams
We adhere to the principle that the most important thing in the training is to provide the participants with adequate knowledge and skills, not "blindly" following the agenda. Therefore, depending on the situation, the agenda may be partially adapted to the expectations and needs of the participants. Based on our previous experience, we have created the following core of the agenda:
- Introduction, expectations and principles of cooperation
- Agile in Business
- What is Scrum and what is it used for?
- Where does Scrum work best?
- Work organization systems
- Cross-functionality and self-organization of the team
- Basic principles and values in Scrum
- Roles, artefacts, events and rules in Scrum
- The Definition of Done
- Simulation of the Scrum process
Basic - 1 day training. Scope can be expanded to 2 days on request.
Polish or English (see detail information for particular event).
Participants receive 8 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification for each training day.
To apply for the training you need to accept Training Terms and Conditions.
You can purchase a Voucher for this training valid for 12 months.