Certified Scrum Product Owner
11.12 - 12.12.2019
09:00 - 17:30
A compendium of knowledge for business representatives. It demonstrates agile product management techniques and helps to understand possible ways to identify user needs.
This two-day training prepares for the role of a business representative of Scrum Team - The Product Owner.
Through exercises, discussions, and lectures, you will be able to find out how Product Owner cooperate with the Development Team, end users, and stakeholders in order to deliver product’s vision and maximize ROI. Carefully chosen/selected case studies will allow you to get a better understanding of discussed concepts and apply freshly learned tools to your daily work. Fun is guaranteed as well as no boring Power Point slides.
During the Certified Scrum Product Owner training you will go through product discovery cycle: starting from the product visioning, through users' identification, collecting the requirements to the creation of initial release plan.
Using Scrum framework and Agile practices, You will gain necessary skills that will help you create products more effectively:
- Define and communicate Product Vision,
- Prioritize the work of the development team to maximize profit (ROI),
- Identify user needs and validate proposed solutions,
- Create and manage/maintain product backlog,
- Manage Product Release Planning.
The training is accredited by the Scrum Alliance and covers required Learning Objectives.
This training is designed for people who want to better understand process and techniques of product discovery.
- Product Owners,
- Product Managers,
- Business Analysts,
- Scrum Masters,
- Customers who collaborate with Scrum teams,
- All people involved in working with clients and users as well as responsible for collecting, analyzing and validating requirements and expectations.
Before the training, all participants should have basics of Scrum and product development knowledge. You can obtain above requirements through Scrum team experience, Scrum Essentials training, Scrum Alliance materials or our articles.
To better meet participants’ needs the training content is always adapted, as lectures, exercises and discussions are selected to cover their expectation. Therefore, detailed scope varies between sessions. Training covers following topics:
- Introduction - goals, expectations and working agreements
- Silent Sort technique
- Why 'Agile'?
- Working in complex environemnt and different approaches to product development
- Being Agile vs Doing Agile - Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Overview
- Why does Product Owner need Scrum?
- Scrum Events - why, who, when, how?
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Ideal Product Owner
- Product Increment
- Definition of Done
- Product Discovery Framework - what you don't know about your product.
- Product Vision and Success Criteria
- Working with stakeholders: Customer and user. Personas.
- Iterative Value Delivery - Managing Product Backlog
- Priotitization techniques
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Story Mapping
- Agile estimating and planning
- Planning horizons and estimation accuracy.
- Release planning and tracking. Using burn-up charts and responding to changes
- Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Expectations review. Q&A session
2 days (16h).
Upon completion of the training, participants will receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner, CSPO, the first level of Scrum certification, as well as they will obtain a two-year Scrum Alliance membership. Certification costs and membership fees are included in the training price
Participants receive 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification.
By signing up for a course you are accepting Training Terms and Conditions.
- Cost of two-day training.
- Training materials
- Certified Scrum Product Owner title designated by the Scrum Alliance,
- Scrum Alliance membership fee for two years,
- Lunches and coffee breaks.
4 to 16 participants
* Price is determined by registration date
* If you're paying for participation in this course from your own resources, email us and see if you can get a discount
Mercure Airport Hotel
al. Krakowska 266