Certified Scrum Product Owner
19.12 - 20.12.2018
09:00 - 17:30
A compendium of knowledge for business representatives. It demonstrates agile product management techniques and helps to understand possible ways to identify user needs.
This two-day training prepares for the role of a business representative of Scrum Team - The Product Owner.
Through exercises, discussions, and lectures, you will be able to find out how Product Owner cooperate with the Development Team, end users, and stakeholders in order to deliver product’s vision and maximize ROI. Carefully chosen/selected case studies will allow you to get a better understanding of discussed concepts and apply freshly learned tools to your daily work. Fun is guaranteed as well as no boring Power Point slides.
During the Certified Scrum Product Owner training you will go through product discovery cycle: starting from the product visioning, through users' identification, collecting the requirements to the creation of initial release plan.
Using Scrum framework and Agile practices, You will gain necessary skills that will help you create products more effectively:
- Define and communicate Product Vision,
- Prioritize the work of the development team to maximize profit (ROI),
- Identify user needs and validate proposed solutions,
- Create and manage/maintain product backlog,
- Manage Product Release Planning.
The training is accredited by the Scrum Alliance and covers required Learning Objectives.
This training is designed for people who want to better understand process and techniques of product discovery.
- Product Owners,
- Product Managers,
- Business Analysts,
- Scrum Masters,
- Customers who collaborate with Scrum teams,
- All people involved in working with clients and users as well as responsible for collecting, analyzing and validating requirements and expectations.
Before the training, all participants should have basics of Scrum and product development knowledge. You can obtain above requirements through Scrum team experience, Scrum Essentials training, Scrum Alliance materials or our articles.
- Training goals and participants expectations
- Working Agreement
- Silent Sort technique
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum
- Agile Manifesto
- Exercise: Scrum Poster
- Scrum Roles and Responsibilities
- Exercise: ideal Product Owner
- Product Discovery:
- Lean Start-up
- Product versus project approaches
- Product Discovery Framework
- Product Vision and Business Drivers
- Exercise: Creating Product Vision
- Exercise: Business Drivers Identification
- Customer and user. Personas.
- Exercise: Creating Personas
- Agile Requirements Management: Product Backlog
- Prioritization techniques
- User Stories
- Exercise: Creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Exercise: User Story Slicing
- Story Mapping
- Exercise: Story Mapping
- Planning and execution
- Planning horizons and estimation accuracy.
- Agile Estimating
- Burn-down charts
- Responding to changes
- Definition of Done
- Engineering practices and Technical Debt *
- Scrum in Organization
- Large Scale Scrum *
- Expectations review.
* optional topics, discussed on participants request.
2 days (16h).
Upon completion of the training, participants will receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner, CSPO, the first level of Scrum certification, as well as they will obtain a two-year Scrum Alliance membership. Certification costs and membership fees are included in the training price
Participants receive 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) towards Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification.
By signing up for a course you are accepting Training Terms and Conditions.
- Cost of two-day training.
- Training materials
- Certified Scrum Product Owner title designated by the Scrum Alliance,
- Scrum Alliance membership fee for two years,
- Lunches and coffee breaks.
4 to 16 participants
* Price is determined by registration date
* If you're paying for participation in this course from your own resources, email us and see if you can get a discount